"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." -Winston Churchill

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Operation: Increase Solids/Decrease Donor Milk Update!

It's been a little over a week since we decided to try and reduce the amount of donor milk and increase Baby J's solid food intake. It's going very well! After getting over the initial hiccups (trying to figure out how to get more liquids into him because he was dealing with some constipation), we seem to have a good system going.
He's really enjoying the solid food, and I'm enjoying a bit more freedom because I can leave him with daddy while I run errands (or 5Ks!) and I don't really have to worry about him preferring bottles to boobs, because he can eat solids while I'm away.

Baby J eats a lot of bananas, avocados, bananas mashed with avocados, guacamole, sweet potato with coconut oil, and those organic baby food pouches.
He drinks a little water, a little coconut water, some donor milk, and whatever milk I make.

I decided last week to stop taking the brewer's yeast and leptaden because they weren't helping. I'm still taking the goat's rue. Not sure if it's helping, but it isn't hurting. I'm pumping when I can, too.

In just shy of a month, Baby J has gone from 16 pounds, 4.5 ounces to 17 pounds, 14.5 ounces, and he's been a very happy boy! I wasn't sure at first, but I think this was definitely the right choice for our family.

1 comment: